Somewhat Off-Topic: Teaching Anthro in Large Sections

Darin Len Arrick darrick at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sun May 2 18:11:25 UTC 2010

Dr. Kephart:

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Kephart, Ronald <rkephart at unf.edu> wrote:
>We usually do a language analysis problem in Klingon
>and I keep meaning to show them the video short of Mark Ocrand (sp?)
>explaining how he created Klingon, but I always forget to take the video
>with me from home (it's on Disc 2 of "The Search for Spock").

There is a 5-part series by Marc Okrand totaling about 20 minutes on
Youtube. Is this it?
YouTubeDaq jabbI'Idmey vagh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph77eTMZIhs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOi7rkGZhE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiiqwVivIsc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AZW1vplFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUWnhw0WeA

Also, don't forget "Earthlings: Bags of Mostly Water", a documentary
about people who speak Klingon.
"Earthlings: Bags of Mostly Water" yIlIj.

http://www.earthlings-movie.com/

I would love to see your Klingon language analysis problem (e-mail me
off-list). I find it fascinating that you're using a constructed
language in your linguistics class. I'm a fluent speaker of Esperanto
and have been toying with Klingon lately.
tlhIngan Hol qay' vIleghneS'a'.

Qapla'!

--
Darin Arrick