Transferring audio tapes to digital media?

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 8 16:18:54 UTC 2010

This is a nice summary of possibilities. However I'd add the best way
of all for those without access to professional recording studios --
from cassette, etc to a digital recorder such as a Marantz, Zoom,
Edirol, etc. Presumably (I hope!) people are using these sorts of
recorders for their fieldwork; they record directly to .wav files in
lossless formats. Use the line-in jack to hook up the tape player and
press record. It's better than using a computer (which is highly
dependent on the quality of the sound card for results).
Claire

--

-----
Claire Bowern