Transferring audio tapes to digital media?

Harriet J. Ottenheimer mahafan at KSU.EDU
Mon Nov 8 16:02:44 UTC 2010

Hi Leila,

A DAK digital converter makes this easy.  I bought one about two years
ago and have used it to convert reel-to-reel tapes and audio cassettes.
It is inexpensive (around $100) and simple to use.  It comes with some
very nice sound-processing (audio editing) software and a very
straightforward set of instructions.  If you are going to use the system
with a laptop and a usb connection (which is how I use it) there is an
extra interface that you need which is also available thru DAK.

Here is a link to DAK
     http://www.dak.com/
and to the converter itself
     http://www.dak.com/Reviews/2020StoryT.cfm

And here is a link to some reviews:
     http://www.epinions.com/content_305178578564

Harriet Ottenheimer

--

90th Anniversary Central States Anthropological Society Conference
April 7-9, 2011 -- Iowa City, IA

For the most up-to-date conference information go to:
http://www.creighton.edu/groups/csas/annualmeeting/index.php