Transferring audio tapes to digital media?

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 10 16:59:47 UTC 2010

The Edirol doesn't need a preamped mic. Neither does the Handy Zoom
H2/H4 as far as I know.
Solid state digital recorders which use lossless formats have come
down in price and up in quality a long way in recent years.
Bartek Plichta's site (http://bartus.org/akustyk/) has a lot of good
software and hardware reviews.
Claire

--