Announcing a new SLA resource site on tools for Linguistic Anthropologists

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 29 21:46:23 UTC 2010

We are very pleased to announce the first of a series of new resource sites,
"Tools for Linguistic Anthropologists", a blog and archive for the latest
information about audio, video, and other tools we use in our field:
http://kit.linguisticanthropology.org/about/

The site currently includes articles by Mark Sicoli and Robin Shoaps and
links to useful websites from Bartek Plitchta, Andy Kovolos, and the
American Folklife Center.  More articles and suggestions for links are very
welcome.  We are particularly interested in pieces talking about how you use
particular equipment in the field.

See Mark Sicoli's piece on Video Recording for an example of what we have on
offer.
http://kit.linguisticanthropology.org/2010/10/28/video-recording/

We will be posting a permanent link to this site on the official SLA Website
under Resource tab shortly.

all best,

Leila and Alex

--