Multiculturalism: a failure or an expensive sociopolitical phenomenon for the 21 Century?

Mireille Mclaughlin mireillemcl at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 17 21:28:44 UTC 2011

Perhaps I'm only revealing my ignorance here but... Does France have a
multiculturalism policy? It was my understanding that while France has
debated multiculturalism (or interculturalism) for a long time, it never
actually implemented a policy. So I'm left wondering to what Sarkozy is
making reference when he speaks of multiculturalism in France.