Qualitative research

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 9 06:56:48 UTC 2011

I don't know of any scintillating works offhand on qualitative research but
would be interested in hearing about a good one.  The general approach I
take is that we are observers of human beings just as a field biologist
observes a fish, a bug or a fox in the wild.  Anthropologists document real
behavior that needs explaining by all sorts of different scientists as we
are animals as well as being humans.  One thing that has made this easier is
a recognition in the last 25 years or so of Chaos Theory and how human
behavior as well as much of the physics of the world is not predictable.
 Just because we have free will, however, does not mean that patterns of
behavior do not emerge.

all best,

Leila

--