AN Blog Conversation on Immigration

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 26 04:32:53 UTC 2012

Hi, I will be editing a "conversation" for the Anthro News Language and
Culture Blog in October on immigration, language terminology for
immigrants, and other linguistic anthropology issues connected to
immigration.  Colleen Cotter and Hillary Dick will both be participating.
 Pieces should be 600-1000 words and can include photos, video and other
linked information.  They are due September 25 but people should be willing
to be part of a conversation before then to ensure that each piece is
unique and yet speaks to the whole.

Jonathan--I'd love to start with some version of your letter, if that was
possible.

The AN Blog editor has said we can get good coverage for this.  I envision
we have a piece come out for about once every two days for as long as we
have contributions.

all best,

Leila

--