AAA 2012 Panel Idea

Nathaniel Dumas ndumas at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Thu Jan 26 01:45:14 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning a panel for the 2012 AAAs on the
viral spread of videos "Sh*t X Says," with X being just about every
group there is? I just received one from participants in my own
ethnographic fieldsite of American Stuttering English speakers ("Sh*t
Fluent People Say") and think perhaps linguistic anthropologists could
have something interesting to say about this, coupled with insights
from anthropology of the media, especially as it borders on our
interests in recontextualization, citationality, and iterability. If
interested, send me an email at ndumas at linguistics.ucsb.edu and we'll
go from there.

Best,
Nate