Field Research

Kathryn Beaver kathryn.beaver16 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 27 16:24:07 UTC 2012

Thank you all so much for your openness & helpful responses!  Just to
clarify, the IRB review is not required to just do the research. However,
it is being filed should I choose to present or publish the results. Also,
it is not simply archival research, but in depth interviews & participant
observation (as much as time will allow).  It was thought better to err on
the side of caution for this project. The information on the public aspect
of this site as pertains to consent was especially helpful. As to "virtual
communication," for the purpose of this discourse and research it is any
communication that takes place through any electronic medium, as opposed to
face-to-face. Thank you all again for your help & participation, I'm so
glad this is the group I chose to study!