Photo-collage opt-in

Chad Nilep nilep at ILAS.NAGOYA-U.AC.JP
Wed Mar 7 08:01:32 UTC 2012

On March 30th, Facebook will change the appearance of the Society for
Linguistic Anthropology page <http://www.facebook.com/SocLingAnth>  to
something resembling its new "time line" layout. In preparation for that
change, I need to add "a unique cover photo" for the site. Currently the
only image on the site is the green-and-white SLA logo, which is too narrow
to use.

One oft-used (well, at least two or three times-used) image for ling anth
publications seems to be a collage of human mouths. If there are no better
suggestions, I will make such a collage to use as our cover image. To make
this collage particular to SLA I thought, "Why not use the mouths of SLA
members?"

Thanks mostly to your departments' web pages, I currently have photos of the
following SLA members. I will use these images if and only if you give me
permission to do so. In other words, if I don't hear from you by, say March
20th, I will not use your image. Even if I do use your image for the
collage, I will only use a cropped close-up of your mouth. Your mother might
recognize you, but I don't suppose many other people will. (But I suppose
we'll see.)

And any of you other gorgeous linguistic anthropologists would like your
mouths included, please send me a picture of your face or a link to it on
the web.

Again, if you are on this list and you will allow me to use your picture, or
if you have questions, please contact me. If you do nothing, I will not use
your image.

Alexandra Jaffee

Anita Puckett

Bambi Schieffelin