History in Ling Anth & Women on Frontiers

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 14 21:04:17 UTC 2012

Hi, just wanted to invite you all to two events. The first an open panel
discussion of the connections between history and linguistic anthro, the
second on women on the frontier.

   1. USES OF HISTORY IN LINGUISTIC ANTHROPOLOGY PANEL
DISCUSSION<http://aaa.confex.com/aaa/2012/webprogrampreliminary/Session7228.html>
   *... * available in preliminary program. This session would be of
   particular interest to: Students, Teachers of Anthropology in Community
   Colleges Organizers:  *Leila* *Monaghan* (University of Wyoming and
   UMUC) Presenters:  Michael Silverstein (University of Chicago), Harriet E
   Klein (SUNY Stony Brook) and Richard *... *
   2.  WOMEN'S WORDS AND ACTIONS ON
FRONTIERS<http://aaa.confex.com/aaa/2012/webprogrampreliminary/Session7035.html>
   *... * Reviewed By: Society for Linguistic Anthropology Saturday,
   November 17, 2012: 1:45 PM-3:30 PM Abstract not available in preliminary
   program. Organizers:  *Leila* *Monaghan* (UMUC and University of
   Wyoming) Chairs:  *Leila* *Monaghan* (UMUC and University of Wyoming)
   Discussants:  Carol Hendrickson PhD (Marlboro College) *... *

all best,
Leila

ps: We will also be having a "Linganth list drink" after the cash bar.
Just say hi to me at the Cash Bar and join the crowd!

*
*--
Leila Monaghan, PhD
Department of Anthropology