RIP Keith Basso

Michael H. Agar magar at UMD.EDU
Sun Aug 11 00:14:22 UTC 2013

Leila--the URL doesn't go anywhere. A blurb about Keith when he retired from UNM is at www.unm.edu/~anthnews/pdf/spring06web.pdf‎. When I googled it looks like there's already a brief obit in Wikipedia. He was writing his diss in Alan Beals' anthro cottage where I was being Nate Notebook, boy anthropologist, after my year with Alan in South India. Keith never minded an undergrad bugging him with questions and was generous with wise words and portraits of the academicman.

Another good guy gone.

Mike