Ling Anth Contact List for Media Outlets

Aaron Ansell aansell at VT.EDU
Mon Jul 29 20:36:28 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

At last year’s SLA meeting, we discussed the need to give more public
visibility to our field. Bonnie and I (your Section News co-editors)
thought we might be able to serve this goal by connecting our colleagues to
journalists writing about issues of language. For example, NPR’s new blog,
“Code Switch,” might provide one such forum. I recently interviewed Code
Switch’s director, Matt Thompson, and he was very appreciative of my offer
to furnish a list of linguistic anthropologists willing to speak to his
team.

If you’re interested in speaking with Code Switch and other journalists,
please send me an email (aansell at vt.edu) and we’ll put you on the list.

Best Wishes,

Aaron Ansell and Bonnie Urciuoli
Aaron Ansell, Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Religion and Culture
242 Lane Hall (0227)
Virginia Tech
aansell at vt.edu