Texas/Southern Masculinities Research

Laura Ahearn ahearn at RCI.RUTGERS.EDU
Sun Jun 16 19:30:56 UTC 2013

Bethany,

Another classic piece on masculinity in Texas is José Limón's article:
Limón, J.E. (1989) Carne, carnales, and the carnivalesque: Bakhtinian batos, disorder, and narrative discourses. American Ethnologist 16(3):471–486.

Laura

*****************************
Laura M. Ahearn
Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology
Series Editor, Oxford Studies in the Anthropology of Language
Rutgers University
131 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
(703) 241-4127
http://www.anthro.rutgers.edu/fac/department-undergrad-a-grad-faculty/laura-ahearn

Invitations to Love: Literacy, Love Letters, and Social Change in Nepal
http://www.press.umich.edu/11260

Living Language: An Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/book/10.1002/9781444340563