Fwd: Fully funded PhD Studentship (EU or Overseas) in Human-Animal Relations in the Circumpolar North

Alexander King a.king at ABDN.AC.UK
Sun Jun 23 11:28:28 UTC 2013

While the project below is not focused on language, I think that a student interested in a linguistic anthropological and/or discourse-based project would be competitive. Please circulate to potential applicants. The successful candidate will already hold a master's degree in anthropology and be fluent in both Russian (at least speaking/hearing) and English. An RCUK maintenance stipend is enough to live on in Aberdeen without borrowing. US citizens are able to borrow Federally guaranteed student loans for the study in the UK, which you may need if you like to fly home to family for every Christmas.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Anderson, Prof David G. (Anthropology)" <david.anderson at abdn.ac.uk>
> Subject: Fully funded PhD Studentship (EU or Overseas) in Human-Animal Relations in the Circumpolar North
> Date: 23 June, 2013 10:15:28 PM GMT+12:00
> To: "iassa.net at lists.uaf.edu" <iassa.net at lists.uaf.edu>
> The Department of Anthropology, University of Aberdeen, is offering one three-year PhD studentship to work on a project about human-animal relations in the circumpolar North. The position can start either in January 2014 or October 2014 and be based in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom. The studentship will include full UK/EU fees and a maintenance stipend set at RCUK rates, funds to support conference travel and fieldwork, and a small equipment budget.  The project will consider the possibility of paying the full overseas fees of an non-EU applicant depending on the quality of the application. The studentship form part of a 5-year project (2012-2017) funded by the European Research Council entitled ‘Arctic Domestication: Emplacing Human/Animal relations in the Circumpolar North  arcticdomus.org
> For more information please contact Prof. David G. Anderson david.anderson at abdn.ac.uk
>
> For further information and details on how to apply, please go to http://www.abdn.ac.uk/funding/details.php?funding_id=209
>
> The deadline is 15 October 2013.
>
> Please circulate this advert to appropriate candidates.

I am conducting linguistic research in Kamchatka and have very low bandwidth. Please do not send messages larger than 1MB. Less is more.

http://www.koryaks.net/blog
http://elar.soas.ac.uk/deposit/koryak-140247
Tweet @Ememqut01