plugging a new book

Michael H. Agar magar at UMD.EDU
Tue May 7 17:50:05 UTC 2013

HI all. This is probably an illegal topic shift, but I've got a new book, The Lively Science: Remodeling Human Social Research. It's written for a general reader to show how there really is a different way to do social research that is systematic and about real human social worlds. The only connection to linganth is that when you get down to the foundations it's a semiotic project, the focus of one of the chapters. It's kind of popular epistemology, an oxymoron if ever there was one. Good for your friends, relatives and clients when they like what you do but it makes them nervous because it doesn't look like "science." Wrote it after all the projects over the last 15 years where that was exactly the attitude I ran into.

If you're curious the web page just went live at www.thelivelyscience.com.

Mike Agar
www.ethknoworks.com