ON SAPIR-WHORF HIPOTHESIS

Laura Ahearn ahearn at RCI.RUTGERS.EDU
Wed May 8 08:35:31 UTC 2013

Chapter Four of my book, Living Language: An Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/book/10.1002/9781444340563) is devoted to reviewing the so-called Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis and the overall relationship that language has to culture and thought.

Laura

*****************************
Laura M. Ahearn
Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology
Series Editor, Oxford Studies in the Anthropology of Language
Rutgers University
131 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
(848) 932-4103
http://www.anthro.rutgers.edu/fac/department-undergrad-a-grad-faculty/laura-ahearn

Invitations to Love: Literacy, Love Letters, and Social Change in Nepal
http://www.press.umich.edu/11260