Insurance During Fieldwork

Mercedes Douglass mercedesdouglass at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 10 22:23:50 UTC 2013

Hi Elise,

I just requested a quote from Geico (Tel.: (866) 372-8903) for renter's insurance that would cover me when I go abroad. It's $15,000 worth of protection with a $500.00 deductible and it costs $290 per year. It doesn't cover earthquake or flood. I found another company (TruStage Auto Insurance Program) that gave me a discount based on my credit union and university affiliation. The coverage was the same, but it was $100.00 cheaper. The phone number I called was 800-779-7905. Unfortunately, I've never bought renter's insurance, so this is all new for me too.

Mercedes

________________________________
 From: Elise Berman <eberman at UCHICAGO.EDU>
To: LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:21 AM
Subject: Insurance During Fieldwork

Dear all,

I am going back to the field this summer and looking for a way to insure
all the electronic gadgets, microphones, and video-cameras that I have. I
am having difficulty, however, finding a way to do it (my renters insurance
doesn't work). I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this and
what they have done to protect their equipment during fieldwork?

Thanks,
Elise