terminology question

Michael H. Agar magar at UMD.EDU
Tue May 14 00:17:14 UTC 2013

Now that you mention it, there's an Austrian dialect term (Bavarian too I think), gschaftlhuber, which if I remember right means someone who comes into a situation and stirs things up so they can look important, but in fact all they do is get in the way of it going anywhere. So depends on what you mean by "gaining" I guess--does seeming important at the expense of what others are trying to do count as profiting from the turbulence that a person brought about? And does "turbulence" count as "conflict?" Probably too much of a stretch.

Mike