Terminology Question

Ellen Contini-Morava elc9j at VIRGINIA.EDU
Tue May 14 12:55:14 UTC 2013

Thanks to all who have sent suggestions!  Jack will compile a reply and
I'll send it to the list.  What he's looking for is more benign than
putting people in physical danger, but the arsonist who doubles as a
first responder (apparently referred to as a "fire bug"--thanks Dave
Paulson) works metaphorically in that it captures both the instigating
and the mediating roles.  There are other good candidates, including
some great inventions... more anon.

Ellen

Ellen Contini-Morava
Professor, Department of Anthropology