Data Collection in Sociolinguistics: Methods and Applications

Christine Mallinson clmallinson at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 27 17:19:09 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Please forgive the self-promotion, and my apologies for any cross-postings:

Some of you may be interested in my recent co-edited volume (with Becky
Childs and Gerard Van Herk) that is now in print:  *Data Collection in
Sociolinguistics: Methods and Applications*

We have worked to make the text as instructor- and student-friendly as
possible: It is a compact and relatively low cost volume ($49.95) that is
still comprehensive, at over 300 pages and with contributions from over 50
sociolinguists. Our website contains more information about the volume, a
table of contents, and multimedia teaching tools, including videos made by
contributors, as well as several free downloadable chapters:
http://sociolinguisticdatacollection.com

The volume is now available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/VuMTnv and
complimentary exam copies are available from Routledge, for instructors
interested in adopting the book:
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415898577/

Christine

Christine Mallinson, PhD
http://christinemallinson.com
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
Associate Professor, Language, Literacy & Culture Program
Affiliate Associate Professor, Gender & Women's Studies Program