Fwd: Join us at AAA for the launch of Signs and Society

Kyung-Nan (Linda) Koh knkoh at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Tue Nov 19 22:52:15 UTC 2013

From: The University of Chicago Press
Date: Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Subject: Join us at AAA for the launch of Signs and Society

  If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it
online<http://e2.ma/message/9mbph/dm9hjw>.

    Share this: <http://e2.ma/share/outbound/e/9mbph/dm9hjw>
<http://e2.ma/share/outbound/t/9mbph/dm9hjw>
<http://e2.ma/share/outbound/f/9mbph/dm9hjw>
<http://e2.ma/share/outbound/l/9mbph/dm9hjw>
 [image: Signs and Society] <http://e2.ma/click/9mbph/dm9hjw/tumi4b>
         [image: Join us for our launch at AAA]
 *Please stop by the University of Chicago Press booth (#600) at the
American Anthropological Association conference in Chicago this week
(November 21–24) to get a free copy of the newly launched journal Signs and
Society.*
*OPEN ACCESS * MULTIDISCIPLINARY * FREE COPIES*

*Signs and Society*, which published its first issue in Spring 2013, is an
open-access, multidisciplinary journal in the humanities and social
sciences that is devoted to the study of sign processes (or semiosis) in
the realms of social action, cognition, and cultural form. Focusing
directly on semiosis in its multiple dimensions, the journal promotes
collaborative translation across analytical categories and technical
vocabularies already established in distinct disciplinary traditions and
aims to uncover unanticipated parallels in the ways semiosis is manifest in
diverse empirical domains.
On the occasion of its official launch at AAA, we will be giving away free
print copies of *Signs and Society, *informative materials for authors, and
promotional items (including a limited number of bandannas).
Managing editor Kyung-Nan Linda Koh will join us in the booth on Friday,
November 22 at noon to answer questions from readers and interested
contributors.
We welcome you to come by our booth to discover more about this exciting
new title, and to browse our selection of other journals and books.
To learn more about the *Signs and Society*, visit
www.journals.uchicago.edu/sas <http://e2.ma/click/9mbph/dm9hjw/9mni4b>.
Read the first two issues of the journal online
here<http://e2.ma/click/9mbph/dm9hjw/pfoi4b>
.
         THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO PRESS
  1427 E. 60th St. | Chicago, IL 60637 US