Silence and Free Speech (separate requests)

Woolard, Kathryn kwoolard at UCSD.EDU
Sat Oct 19 06:29:19 UTC 2013

I don't think anyone's mentioned the classic work:

Keith Basso, 1970  "To give up on words: Silence in Western Apache
culture."

Anthologized more than once, I imagine, but I believe the original was in
SW J. of Anthropology.

Kit W.