Language, Latin America, and beyond

Faudree, Paja paja_faudree at BROWN.EDU
Mon Apr 7 13:16:13 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I am writing an essay for a volume called *Global Latin America* that will
explore linguistic connections between Latin America and the rest of the
world.  The essay is meant to be accessible, sythetic, and holistic --
which will inevitably mean drawing on examples that are far from my own
research. So I am seeking your help in thinking through what some of the
central points of contact have been and are today, and what might be some
compelling cases of "global connection" involving Latin America and
language.  Any suggestions, with or without citations, would be most
welcome!

Feel free to respond to me off list at paja_faudree at brown.edu.

Best wishes,

Paja

--
Paja Faudree

*Singing for the Dead* is out now; more info
here<http://www.dukeupress.edu/Catalog/ViewProduct.php?productid=47956>
.
Facebook page here <https://www.facebook.com/singingforthedead>.