Kids' books and representations of language?

Faudree, Paja paja_faudree at BROWN.EDU
Mon Aug 4 17:27:07 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I am wondering if any of you can think of research on children's literature
and the ways language is represented.  For example, I am thinking of kids'
books where other languages are represented as opaque, silly, hard, etc.
 Can you think of anyone who has done work on stuff like this?  All
suggestions welcome.  Feel free to email me off-list if you prefer, at
paja_faudree at brown.edu.

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

Paja

--
Paja Faudree

*Singing for the Dead* is out now; more info here
<http://www.dukeupress.edu/Catalog/ViewProduct.php?productid=47956>.
Facebook page here <https://www.facebook.com/singingforthedead>.