Interdisciplinary question on farmers' diaries

Damien Hall damien.hall at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu Feb 6 09:10:38 UTC 2014

Dear all

Just received this on the Historical Sociolinguistics Network list. Thought some people here might be able to help, or might know people who could!

Best wishes

Damien

--

Damien Hall
Newcastle University (UK)

Date:    Wed, 5 Feb 2014 20:54:56 +0100
From:    Wim Vandenbussche <wvdbussc at VUB.AC.BE>
Subject: intersdisciplinary question on farmers' diaries

dear HiSoNistas,

A question from Johan Gärdebo from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm:

"Together with an archeology colleague, Daniel Löwenborg (Uppsala University), I am writing an article on farmer diaries and GIS-analysis.
We are using the diary as source material to map influence of market and infrastructure processes had on late 19th century smallholdings. This has been done before in macro-terms, but we seek to use the history from below, the accounts of the farmers themselves, to provide a corrective to the grander narrative of the agrarian and industrial revolution.
We are most interested in getting in touch with researchers who are working on farmer diaries around Scandinavia and internationally."

Could anyone who has worked on 19th century farmers diaries get in touch with Johan directly at the following address:  johan.gardebo at abe.kth.se

Thank you very much!

Wim

Prof. dr. Wim Vandenbussche