Codeswitching in a Korean online game

Nicholas Harkness harkness at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Feb 12 21:35:02 UTC 2014

Dear Stephen,

I discuss this sort of thing in my forthcoming chapter, "Linguistic Emblems of South Korean Society," in L. Brown & J. Yeon (Eds.), The Handbook of Korean Linguistics (Wiley-Blackwell). Contact me at harkness at fas.harvard.edu, and I will send you the relevant portions of the manuscript. I've also lectured on the "2MB" pun that was making the rounds during the candlelight vigils against former ROK President Lee Myung-bak in 2008. I would be happy to share some of that material with you as well.

Best wishes,

Nicholas Harkness
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Harvard University

Songs of Seoul: An Ethnography of Voice and Voicing in Christian South
Korea<http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520276536>
By Nicholas Harkness
Berkeley: University of California Press, 2014