Anthropology News essay - Linguistic Anthropology & Publicly Engaged Scholarship

Netta Avineri navineri at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 20 07:01:49 UTC 2014

Dear SLA Colleagues,

I wanted to send along a recent piece I wrote for Anthropology News, about
linguistic anthropology & publicly engaged scholarship. It is based on the
paper I gave as part of the thought-provoking & inspiring panel at AAA 2013
"Engaging Language: Linguistic Anthropologists as Agents of Social Change":

*http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2014/01/30/engaging-the-other-in-expanded-communities-of-practice/
<http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2014/01/30/engaging-the-other-in-expanded-communities-of-practice/>*

I would welcome your thoughts & comments, on the Anthro. News site and/or
by email. [And if you happen to like the piece you can click on the stars
at the top.]

Thank you so much,
Netta Avineri

*Netta Avineri, PhD*
*Visiting Professor of Applied Linguistics, TESOL/TFL Program*

*Monterey Institute of International Studies, A Graduate School of
Middlebury College*
*Core Member, **AAA Task Force on Language and Social Justice*