(Ling) Ethnographies of work on airline crew?

Woolard, Kathryn kwoolard at UCSD.EDU
Tue Jul 29 01:22:20 UTC 2014

The anthropologist Ed Hutchins (UCSD Cog Sci) has done a lot of work on distributed cognition and communication in the cockpit, and other aspects of pilots' learning and cognition, contextually constructed. Click around the links on this part of his webpage:

http://hci.ucsd.edu/hutchins/AviationResearch.html

Kit Woolard

From: Nathaniel Dumas <nadumas at UCSC.EDU<mailto:nadumas at UCSC.EDU>>
Date: Monday, July 28, 2014 4:07 PM
To: "LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG<mailto:LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>" <LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG<mailto:LINGANTH at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>>
Subject: (Ling) Ethnographies of work on airline crew?

Dear Colleagues,

I hope all is well. Does anyone know of any ethnographies, especially ling
anth or discourse analytic ones, on the work lives of airline crew members,
either ground or in-flight? I'm serving as an ethnographic consultant on a
project that may find this information useful. If you do know of any such
studies please email me offline at nadumas at ucsc.edu<mailto:nadumas at ucsc.edu>.

Be well,
Nate

--
Nathaniel Dumas
Research Associate, Department of Anthropology