Just a quick reminder, the AAA CFP deadline is April 15th

Judy Pine Judy.Pine at WWU.EDU
Sat Mar 22 23:27:23 UTC 2014

Hello all!

I am very glad to see panel CFPs in circulation on this list, and imagine there are a lot of messages circulating elsewhere as folks create panels for the upcoming AAA meeting (Washington D.C., Dec 3-7, 2014).  I wanted to remind you all of a few changes in this year's process.

1.       All submissions will be considered for possible Invited status.  As you may know, we have a LingAnth session among the Executive Sessions, a new category of session for 2014!  This is not at all surprising, as we have a fine tradition of excellent panels, and I'm especially pleased to see Coleen Cotter's roundtable of linguistic anthropologists and media professionals, now in its 3rd year, get this much deserved attention.

2.       There are some new sorts of session.  The Installation, in particular, may be of interest as it permits an interactive media environment which is well suited to much of the work we do.

3.       This is NOT a change, but well worth keeping in mind - I strongly recommend that people submit as panels, rather than individual papers.  I also strongly encourage folks to consider submitting a poster proposal if you are not part of a panel.

All panel and paper submission materials MUST be in NLT 5PM EDT April 15th .

Thank you for your time and attention!  I am looking forward to seeing all of the submissions next month.

Your friendly neighborhood SLA Program Committee Chair

-          Judy Pine

Judith M.S. Pine
Assistant Professor, Anthropology
Western Washington University