Uyghur Linguist Abduweli Ayup

Robert Wilson robert.locution at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 31 02:09:29 UTC 2014

Please sign and help spread the word...

If this petition gets 100,000 signatures by April 29, 2014, the White House will review it and respond!

We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of issues.  If a petition gets enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.

You can view and sign the petition here: http://wh.gov/ld8fU

Here's some more information about this petition:

Ensure Fair Treatment and a Fair Trial for Uyghur Linguist Abduweli Ayup

Abduweli Ayup is a Uyghur linguist and educator in Xinjiang, China, who has been detained since August 20, 2013. Mr. Ayup, the recipient of a Ford Foundation Scholarship, earned a Master's Degree in Linguistics from the University of Kansas in 2011. Upon graduation, he returned to Xinjiang with the hope of establishing a Uyghur Language school so that Uyghur students would have an opportunity to develop academic proficiency in their native language. Mr. Ayup's school proved to be popular, and he was preparing to open a Uyghur Language kindergarten before his arrest. Today, he is being held on unknown charges. We believe that Secretary of State Kerry should engage with the Chinese government to ensure the fair treatment and fair trial of Abduweli Ayup.