[Linganth] Potential AAA Panel: Anthropology of Prisons

Lori Anne Labotka labotka at email.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 2 12:48:41 UTC 2015

Hi All!

I know this is very late, but I am gauging interest for a AAA panel on
prisons. I am hoping to put together a panel that explores the unique
contributions ethnography (and specifically linguistic anthropology)
can make to the study of punishment in the US or elsewhere. If there
are any other linguistic anthropologist out there who work on prisons,
mass incarceration, and/or reentry, and still have not found a home
for your AAA papers, let me know! I will put together a panel if there
is enough interest.

Best,

Lori Labotka, PhD
Indiana University of Pennsylvania