[Linganth] The Journal of Language & Sexuality

Dave Paulson dave.paulson at temple.edu
Thu Apr 16 22:45:59 UTC 2015

On behalf of Professor William Leap (American University):

The *Journal of Language and Sexuality *(
*www.benjamins.com/#catalog/journals/jls*
<http://www.benjamins.com/#catalog/journals/jls>) is now in its fifth year
of publication. *JL&S* explores the discursive formations of sexuality,
including (but not limited to) sexual desire, sexual identities, sexual
politics, and sexuality in diaspora. *JL&S* addresses linguistic work in
the widest possible sense, e.g. sociolinguistics, anthropological
linguistics, phonology, pragmatics, semantics, discourse analysis, applied
linguistics, and any other mode of language-centered inquiry interrogating
discourses of sexuality and their linguistic and social consequences. On a
theoretical level, *JL&S* is indebted to Queer Linguistics as its major
influence.

Issue 4.1 of *JL&S* will soon be in print. We are assembling papers for
issues 4.2 and 5.1 and starting to plan issues for future volumes. If your
research engages some area of language and sexuality studies, Heiko
Motschenbacher (the *JL&S*co-editor) and I would be pleased to discuss
publishing some segment of your work in our journal. We invite you to email
*motschenbacher at em.uni-frankfurt.de* <motschenbacher at em.uni-frankfurt.de>
 or *wlm at american.edu* <wlm at american.edu> to begin that discussion.

You can find more information about *JL&S* at
*www.benjamins.com/#catalog/journals/jls*
<https://www.benjamins.com/#catalog/journals/jls>. You can also find us on
Facebook at *www.facebook.com/JLgSx* <http://www.facebook.com/JLgSx> and
“like” our page to get updates about Issue 4.1 and other upcoming issues!

With best wishes,

Wlm L. Leap

Professor, Department of Anthropology, American University, Washington DC
20016

Co-editor, Journal of Language and Sexuality

--
Dave Paulson
Department of Anthropology <http://www.temple.edu/anthro/index.html> - Temple