[Linganth] Fwd: [AAA_Section_Pres_Listserv] Vote!

Paul Kroskrity paulvk at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 24 23:11:11 UTC 2015

Hello Linguistic Anthropologists,

I am writing you to pass on an encouraging word to vote in all the AAA Sections in which you are a member and, of course, especially in the Society for Linguistic Anthropology elections where  the offices include President-Elect and Board Member-at-Large.

The deadline is not until May 31 so you have plenty of time but  I do want to encourage you to vote and what better time is there to do it than well before the deadline and without the pressure of the end of the Semester/Quarter and so on.  You may want to know that our voting turnout, not just our section, but really throughout the AAA, is so poor as to make the national election numbers look good.  I hope you will do your part to review statements and vote for the candidates.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Best wishes for an outstanding conclusion to your academic years!

Paul

Paul V. Kroskrity
President, Society for Linguistic Anthropology
Professor of Anthropology
Chair, American Indian Studies
Department of Anthropology
341 Haines Hall  -   Box 951553
University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1553
Ph. 310 825-6237
E.    paulvk at ucla.edu<mailto:paulvk at ucla.edu>

Dear fellow AAA members,

The annual AAA and Section elections are underway!

Dozens of AAA members have filled out nomination applications. Dozens more have written letters of support.  And nominations committees have worked hard to get the candidate materials onto the ballot.

Please do your part by taking the time to vote!

Voting is easy:
1.  Use this link to go to the AAA login page: Account/Member Profile LOGIN <http://send.aaanet.org/link.cfm?r=1958854275&sid=73547012&m=9940365&u=AAA_&j=27331007&s=https://avectra.aaanet.org/eweb/>
2.  Click on the " Vote Now" button on the right side of the page; ballots for AAA and the Sections you belong to will be appear.

If you have questions about the voting mechanics, please contact Kim Baker <mailto:elections at aaanet.org?subject=Voting%20Assistance>.  If you have questions about nominations and the overall voting process, please contact me <mailto:mbuckner at missouristate.edu?subject=Voting%20%26%20Nomination%20Questions>.

Don't wait, the deadline is May 31st!

If you have voted, we thank you and please disregard this  notice.

Sincerely,

Margie Buckner, AAA Secretary