[Linganth] twitter piece for undergrads?

Colleen Cotter c.m.cotter at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 15:27:18 UTC 2015

Here are two that I use in my undergrad Language and Media class:

* A chapter on Twitter in David Crystal's 2011 Internet Linguistics (Routledge).

* Zappazigna, Michele. 2011. Ambient affiliation: A linguistic perspective on Twitter. In New Media & Society.

The online version can be found at:
http://nms.sagepub.com/content/early/2011/05/26/1461444810385097

The Zappazigna article uses Systemic Functional Linguistics but the premises are familiar to ling anth/discourse people.

Best,

Colleen

Dr. Colleen Cotter

Reader in Media Linguistics

Linguistics Department

School of Languages, Linguistics and Film

Queen Mary, University of London

Mile End Road

London E1 4NS

UK