[Linganth] AAAS Fellowships

Laura Ahearn ahearn8 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:36:23 UTC 2015

Dear LingAnth Colleagues,

I want to encourage you all to learn more about the AAAS S&T Policy Fellowships and seriously consider applying. (See the message below that was sent out earlier.) AAAS is trying to attract more social science applicants, and as a linguistic anthropologist myself who has one of these fellowships, I can say that the experience has been really fascinating. I'll be participating in next Thursday's video chat (see below for more information), and the next Anthropology News SLA column will contain a guest essay I wrote about what the fellowship has been like for me. Everyone's experiences are different, of course, but I'd be happy to provide more information offline to anyone interested, so feel free to get in touch.

Laura

Laura M. Ahearn
Senior Learning Advisor & AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow
USAID Center of Excellence for Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, Rutgers University (on leave)
Series Editor, Oxford Studies in the Anthropology of Language
Office: (202) 712-4348; Cell: (703) 314-2383
Twitter: @AhearnLaura
http://www.anthro.rutgers.edu/fac/department-undergrad-a-grad-faculty/laura-ahearn

Begin forwarded message: