[Linganth] Coca-Cola ad campaign and indigenous language revitalization

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:51:26 UTC 2015

Dan Suslak has a great new post discussing Coca-Cola's new Christmas
ad that is oddly enough centered around language revitalization in
the Mixe community in Oaxaca.  It might be good for anyone teaching
about language revitalization or even an intro. to ling anth  in the final
weeks of the semester.

Here is the link:

https://campanthropology.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/when-coca-cola-came-to-totontepec/

This is part of a new blog that anthropologists at IU have organized for
anyone
interested in work done at the intersection of communication, media and
performance -- CaMP anthropology.   We would welcome blog posts if anyone
has something they want to write about.  Contact me
(igershon at indiana.edu) or Susan Seizer (sseizer at indiana.edu)

Best,
Ilana