[Linganth] Anthropology News, SLA Columns (Oct. and Nov.)

Aaron Ansell aansell at vt.edu
Tue Dec 15 20:32:58 UTC 2015

Dear Linganthers,

Please check out these two excellent columns in *Anthropology News, *SLA
Section News.

(October 2015) Katie Carmichael's "Linguistic and Local Peripherality: The
Case of Chalmatians in Greater New Orleans
<http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2015/11/11/linguistic-and-local-peripherality-the-case-of-chalmatians-in-greater-new-orleans/>
"

(November 2015) Christine Labuski's "(Not) Talking about Unmentionable
Symptoms
<http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2015/12/09/not-talking-about-unmentionable-symptoms/>
"

You can also read these columns on our SLA Website
<http://linguisticanthropology.org/> where we archive them permanently.

As always, we encourage you to contact us if you would like to write a
1000-word column about a topic of public or scholarly concern.

Best Wishes,
Aaron Ansell and Anna Babel, Contributing Co-editors
*Anthropology News*, SLA Section News

--
Aaron Ansell, Assistant Professor
Department of Religion and Culture