[Linganth] It turns out that Jane Hill is white(!)

Matthew Bernius mbernius at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:00:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Peterson, Mark <petersm2 at miamioh.edu>
wrote:

> What we think of as "objective" journalism evolved in a particular
> historical and economic context. Before that, it was not at all uncommon to
> have the Republican and Democratic newspapers in the same city, each
> sniping at different targets the other supported.

And to that point, when one looks at the entire history of American
Journalism, the "objective period" (which I'd argue we are approaching the
end of) is more of a historical anachronism rather than the norm. To Mark's
point, the reality is that the Fox News approach is, in many respects,
closer to the traditional form of the press.

Great discussion all,

- Matt

Matthew Bernius
mBernius at gMail.com | http://www.mattbernius.com | @mattBernius