[Linganth] Query re Documentaries on Language Brokering by Migrant Children

Dick, Hilary dickh at arcadia.edu
Wed Feb 11 16:12:00 UTC 2015

Hello, everyone--

I have a question for a student writing a Senior Thesis on the ways
language brokering by migrant children impacts family dynamics: Are there
any documentaries on this topic?

We're interested specifically in documentaries (short or long form) and not
fictional representations of language brokering.

The student has done a fine job of learning the excellent scholarly
literature on this important topic, and she is making good use of this
literature as sources of both forms of argument and data--she is not in a
position to do her own original research. But she would like to expand the
sources of her data, and we were thinking documentaries could be one way to
do that. (And if you have other suggestions for sources of data on this
topic, that is welcome as well, of course!)

I will be happy to compile suggestions and circulate them to the list.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Hilary
--
HILARY PARSONS DICK, PhD
Assistant Professor of International Studies