[Linganth] gender, twitter, and hashtags

Liz Crocker lcrocker at bu.edu
Fri Feb 13 22:31:53 UTC 2015

Hi all

I have a student doing a MA project analyzing the ways that Twitter
hashtags shape narratives and expressions, experiences, and frames of
gender. She's looking specifically at #gamergate and the discussions of
gender and animosity towards feminists.

I am look trying to help her find revenant literature. I can suggest all
the classic gender and language stuff but I was wondering if anyone knew of
anything more specifically related to gender expressions online with
relatively recent technology platforms. Most of what we've found looks at
pretty outdated platforms and the ways people utilize them seem somewhat
different.

Thanks!

Liz Crocker