[Linganth] ethnography suggestion?

Rachel R Reynolds rrr28 at drexel.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:53:10 UTC 2015

Dear All:

Each year, I teach a ling anth course that is about 15 non-majors and 10
majors.  I adapt readings and assignments for the majors, but then it
also necessitates finding good readings for the non-majors.

Does anyone know of a recent ethnography that is heavily linguistic or
discourse oriented that is reasonably easy to read for someone with no
or little anth background?  I have used Norma Mendoza Denton's
_Homegirls_, and Wogan's _Magical Literacy is Salasaca_ before, but
would like to find something "new."

Thanks for any suggestions.  I will share what I get, down the line...

Rachel

--
Rachel R Reynolds
Graduate Director