[Linganth] AAA panel on affect and materiality

Lynnette Arnold lynnettearnold at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 00:24:02 UTC 2015

Hi folks -

I'm putting together a panel for the 2015 AAAs in Denver on affect and
materiality. Norma Mendoza-Denton has agree to be our discussant, and we
are now looking for participants.

The specifics of the panel are still being worked out, but in general it
will include work that highlights the affective qualities and meanings of
materiality, as well as the material implications of affective
signification. Materiality here will be understood quite broadly to
encompass issues of embodiment and physical artifacts, but also
larger-scale political economic concerns. Work on issues of globalization,
migration and mobility broadly construed are of particular interest, but
the ultimate shape of the panel will of course be responsive to the
interests of the participants.

Please contact me off-list if you are interested in participating.

Thanks!

Lynnette Arnold
PhD Candidate
Department of Linguistics