[Linganth] SLA Nominations

Becky Schulthies bls125 at scarletmail.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 19 16:59:56 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We am writing to encourage you to consider nominating yourself for one of
two open SLA positions in the 2015 AAA elections. Our current
*President-Elect*, Bonnie Urciuoli, will assume the office of the President
at the end of this year. In addition a *Member at Large*, Jim Wilce, will
also see the end of his term. Please consider participating in the SLA’s
Executive Committee by running for one of these two offices.

*President-Elect*: The President-elect shall assume the duties of the
President in the event of absence, death, resignation or incapacity of the
President, and shall succeed to the office of President at the expiration
of the term as President-elect.

*Member at Large*: There shall be an Executive Committee consisting of the
officers, two members elected at-large from the membership of the Society,
and any additional representatives elected by this Society to the Board of
Directors of the American Anthropological Association.

If you are interested in running for either of these positions, please
contact Becky Schulthies at becky.schulthies at rutgers.edu so that the
Nominations Committee of the SLA can give you more detailed instructions
about the process of preparing your nomination. Materials will include (1)
brief biographical information, (2) a platform statement of a maximum of
200 words, and (3) a photo (optional). The biographical information needs
to be formatted as follows:

*Full Name* (First & Last) Education (highest degree earned, institution
where degree was earned, year degree was earned) *Positions Held:* (Limit 5
-most recent first): Title, (dates from-to) Name of Institution; *Interests
and/or Activities:* (Limit 3); *Significant Publications: *(Limit 3 – most
recent first): Title, co-authors/editors if applicable, where published,
year published.

The deadline for the submission of a slate of candidates is *very soon:
February 10, 2015. *So please contact me as soon as possible so that the
Nominations Committee can help you prepare your materials.

These offices are crucial to the successful functioning of the SLA. Please
consider running for one of these positions. In addition, please consider
approaching colleagues you feel would be suitable candidates, and urging
them to run for one of these seats. We look forward to hearing from you!

All best wishes,

SLA Nominations Committee

Becky Schulthies

becky.schulthies at rutgers.edu