[Linganth] Society for the Anthropology of North America

Lindsay Bell lindsay.bell at oswego.edu
Sun Jan 25 16:13:22 UTC 2015

Dear list members,

The Society for the Anthropology of North America would like to encourage
linguistic anthropologists to submit their work our upcoming conference to
be held in NYC and to consider publishing in *North American Dialogue*, our
peer-reviewed journal. Additional information below.

As associate editor, I am moving the journal towards multilingual
publishing. We are accepting manuscripts in French, Spanish and English. If
you have academic fluency in two of these languages and would like to join
our editorial board, please be in touch.

Kind thanks for passing this opportunities on to your networks,
Lindsay Bell

--
Lindsay Bell <http://utoronto.academia.edu/LindsayABell>, PhD
Visiting Assistant Professor of Anthropology, SUNY Oswego

*1) CONFERENCE:* Inequality, Equality and Difference
(April 16-18, NYC)
​. Abstracts due January 30th.​ More information available here.
<http://sananet.org/sanaconference.php>
*2. ACCEPTING MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS*

The Society for the Anthropology of North America welcomes original
manuscripts for publication in our peer-reviewed journal, North American
Dialogue. The goal of the journal is to publish research that fosters
dialogue about North America and its far-reaching effects. We particularly
encourage submissions that analyze North American peoples, practices, and
processes systematically within broad frameworks such as ethnicity, race,
class, gender and structured inequality.

North American Dialogue is affiliated with the American Anthropological
Association. The journal is published by Wiley-Blackwell and available via
Anthrosource.
<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/%28ISSN%291556-4819>

Articles, photo essays and field reports are welcome from those working
inside and outside academic contexts, from all nations and from all
subfields and areas of specialty within anthropology or related fields. We
are open to submissions in English, French and Spanish, although are
limited to English professional copy editors.

Information for Authors

Articles submitted for peer review for publication in North American
Dialogue may be sent at any time during the year. Please follow the
following guidelines when submitting manuscripts for review:

1) Manuscripts and supporting materials should be submitted electronically
to the editor Susan Falls at sfalls at scad.edu or associate editor Lindsay
Bell at Lindsay.Bell at oswego.edu.

2) Manuscripts should be blinded with all identifying information removed
prior to submission.

3) Manuscripts should be no more than 8,000 words, including references.
They should be double-spaced and formatted according to the American
Anthropological Association’s style guide.

4) Please send, as a separate attachment, a one-paragraph abstract for the
article with at least 3 keywords.

5) Please include a list of three possible reviewers.

Book Office Hours by clicking: https://lindsaybell.youcanbook.me/