[Linganth] qualitative data analysis software

Sarah Benor sbenor.huc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 21:41:12 UTC 2015

I'm wondering if you have any advice about qualitative data analysis
software. I'm working on a group research project about language at
Jewish summer camps, and we're looking for software that allows for
collaboration online. The data will all be transcribed, and the coding
will be manual. I'm imagining a program that allows researchers to
manually insert tags for themes and sub-themes, not one that does it
in an automated way using keywords. I've heard good things about NVivo
and Dedoose, but I've also heard they're not so easy to use. I'd love
to hear about your experiences.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah Bunin Benor
Associate Professor of Contemporary Jewish Studies
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion
Author of Becoming Frum: How Newcomers Learn the Language and Culture
of Orthodox Judaism