[Linganth] Using library repositories as archives for linguistic data

Cynthia Dunn cyndi.dunn at uni.edu
Thu Jun 11 16:25:33 UTC 2015

My university and many others are in the process of setting up
"institutional repositories" as a way for scholars to archive and make
accessible their work, both published and unpublished.  I am thinking about
the possibility of using my university's depository as a way to archive my
digital recordings, transcripts, and translations and to make those data
available for use by other scholars for research and non-commercial uses.
I'm wondering whether anyone else has any experience with doing this or any
thoughts to share about its feasibility, advisability, and so forth.

Cyndi Dunn
Professor of Anthropology
Dept. of Sociology, Anthropology & Criminology
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls IA 50614-0513 U.S.A.

(319) 273-6251
Cyndi.Dunn at uni.edu