[Linganth] Using library repositories as archives for linguistic data

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:46:33 UTC 2015

Cyndi, I think this is a great idea. As linguistic anthropology takes more
and more interest in history, recordings like yours become key resources.
You might want to contact Indiana University's library for information on
how they work with their field recordings and other ethnographic material.
They have a really important collection.

all best, Leila

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Cynthia Dunn <cyndi.dunn at uni.edu> wrote:

> My university and many others are in the process of setting up
> "institutional repositories" as a way for scholars to archive and make
> accessible their work, both published and unpublished.  I am thinking about
> the possibility of using my university's depository as a way to archive my
> digital recordings, transcripts, and translations and to make those data
> available for use by other scholars for research and non-commercial uses.
> I'm wondering whether anyone else has any experience with doing this or any
> thoughts to share about its feasibility, advisability, and so forth.
>
> Cyndi Dunn
> Professor of Anthropology
> Dept. of Sociology, Anthropology & Criminology
> University of Northern Iowa
> Cedar Falls IA 50614-0513 U.S.A.
>
> (319) 273-6251
> Cyndi.Dunn at uni.edu