[Linganth] Using library repositories as archives for linguistic data

Karen Pennesi pennesi at uwo.ca
Thu Jun 11 16:58:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wonder about confidentiality and research ethics. At my university, we have to ensure confidentiality and that no one have access to the data except project personnel. If I wanted to make the recordings and transcripts public, I would have to put that in the consent form for the participants to sign before the recording. So I would check with your research ethics board as well as the participants themselves to see if making the data public is acceptable.

Karen Pennesi, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Department of Anthropology

University of Western Ontario